Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Whole Foods to launch a vegan line!

I've admitted this before, but... I love Whole Foods. I walk into "my" Tribeca store, and my eyes light up at the sight of all the fresh produce. Although some stuff can get expensive, it is possible to stay within your budget - look for their 365 store brand, buy bulk, shop the sales, and use coupons. I just read an interview with CEO John Mackey in USA Today, and was excited to hear that they are producing a vegan line of foods in 2011! Although I much prefer people cook more and eat less processed food, there are times when we get too busy and have to pick up something that will cook quickly and that they don't have to think about. A lot of times, processed foods mean high salt, but fortunately, this new vegan line coming out is going to be low in salt, so keep your eyes open. For those nights that you do cook (hopefully most of the time!), check out Whole Foods recipes for some delicious ideas... my Quinoa Loaf is cooking right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment