Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Jump on the Vegan Bandwagon!

I'm back! The curry project has faded away with the hot, humid NYC weather, but I hope you got some recipe ideas as well as an understanding of how easy it is to make a recipe healthier by just making a few simple changes.

Since the last recipe I've been thinking about what to focus on for future posts. Talking with one of my dear mentors, Jackie Mills, she reminded me about the plethora of research done on how helpful a vegan diet can be for a number of different conditions or as a preventative measure - weight management, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, etc. Not to mention that your significantly reducing your carbon footprint. And you can feel pretty darn great with this lifestyle too.

Recently, I saw an article stating that 30,000 people have signed up for the 21-Day Vegan Kickstart Diet Plan presented by the Physicians' Committee for Responsible Medicine, founded by one of my heroes, Dr. Neal Barnard. If you sign up - correction - when you sign up, starting September 6th for 21 days, you'll get an avalanche of support on making the switch to vegan. This includes celebrity tips, webcasts, daily tips, recipes, restaurants, and a community forum.
It's almost September. I love the back-to-school feel that gives us all a fresh start to some challenge we've been putting off. It's a time to take the leap into something new, great, and healthy. I'm signing up, are you? What are you waiting for? Click here for the link! As one of my amazing yoga teachers, Baron Baptiste, would joyfully remind me - "If not now, when?"

No comments:

Post a Comment